Thursday, July 21, 2011

Old crate DIY

I really wanted an old crate to use for newborn photography and I saw one photo where the crate was an old apricot box and it had the word SWEET on the end and it was so perfect for a little newborn. Old crates are expensive and the chance of finding one that had a suitable subject matter was slim, so I bought this new crate at Michael's and roughly painted it white and sanded a little. Then I found this DIY on how to transfer an image that was printed on an inkject printer onto wood and it worked like a charm! I loved that all I needed were items I already had: washable white school glue and modge podge. That's it! Now that I could print whatever I wanted I could customize my crate perfectly. I left space below the text so that I could digitally put in a name and/or date of the baby to customize it further. My transfer looks rough because I wanted it to. I didn't leave it drying for as long as the tutorial asked for and I think it gave a more worn look. Now I need to transfer more things like photo images onto round wooden pendants for a necklace.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Great job Shannon! When I first read it I thought it said "Pickled Fresh" haha "Picked Fresh" is cuter :) I can't wait to see it in some new photo's.