Wednesday, November 7, 2012

MOVING AGAIN

It's that time again, we've been in Seattle for 2 years and so begun Jared's search for his next job.
He started out looking in Arizona, but thankfully they had found someone for the job before Jared even applied and it didn't work out! I don't think I could have handled the heat there!
The next two job openings were in Dubai and San Jose, CA. Although the benefits that came along with Dubai were very tempting, I'd much rather stay in the US. 
Jared flew down to San Jose early last week for his interview and by Friday he had an offer that he accepted.
It will be a nice change in weather. Although we are use to the rain and seasons, I wouldn't mind a little more sunshine. San Jose has about 300 days of sun! I'm also looking forward to not having to book photo shoots around the weather - I don't even know what that would be like!

San Jose is about an hour South East of San Fransisco and 45 mins East of Santa Cruz so there will be lots of close-by places to visit.

We were hoping that we wouldn't be moving until the New Year, but that's not the case. We move in about 3 weeks! We will live in the hotel once again (here for a few days and there for a month) while we find a new place. This time they are packing, moving and unpacking for us so now I'm not sure what to do with myself for the next few weeks! I've just been getting rid of things we don't want.
I've also started my Christmas shopping as we will head to Victoria for a few days before we drive down to San Jose, where we will have an early little Christmas with family.

Christmas will be an adventure this year, we will have to keep the stockings out and hopefully Santa will be able to find us at the hotel! Hopefully we can still have a fake tree in our room! I'm hoping we will have room in our car for all our clothing and stuff we need for a month plus presents that we have to pack with us!

No comments: