Friday, March 15, 2013

MR. FOX


I'm so excited for this latest project. I wanted to make these dolls, but making them look like my sketches was frustrating me until I got an idea. I painted this fox dolls on watercolor paper using the pattern pieces that I made then I scanned them onto the computer. Then to print them onto fabric I cut the fabric to the size of a piece of paper (8.5x11) as well as a piece of freezer paper (paper one side, wax the other). Then I ironed the freezer paper (wax down) onto the fabric and ran it through my printer. I think you have to make sure that your ink in your printer will work (or just try it).
You can buy bubble jet set and rinse for your fabric to use before and after printing to set the ink sets and you can wash it - I have yet to try it but will in the future.

 His trousers, suspenders, scarf and bowtie are all removable. 
He even has a little handkerchief!


I think in the future I'll make the image darker before printing, it's a little light here.
You can order one here on my etsy site.


1 comment:

Julianne said...

Genius! He is very cute!