Tuesday, February 12, 2013

BABY MOCCASINS

I'm so happy with how these have turned out. I went on a fabric search trying to find something that was not only the right color but the right durability. When you use regular craft felt for a fringe, when cut into little pieces, it become very week and can pull off so easily. I didn't want little hands pulling at the fringe and ending up with a handful! Of course there is the option of using leather or suede but its expensive and I wanted to keep it affordable. Faux leather or vinyl isn't soft enough. I tried some fleece but they were a little too soft and not as cute. Finally I bought some 30% wool felt, but it pulled too easily as well. I was discouraged as I thought I wasn't going to be able to solve this problem. Then I had an idea - spray starch! I starched just the fringe to make it stronger and it worked! They didn't pull off and they laid flat - perfect!









No comments: