Tuesday, March 27, 2012


I've been wanting to make Aubrey a dress and all the patterns I found seemed too complicated for me, so I took a tank top (salmon) and t-shirt (apples) of mine that were too big and I never wore (I got them at a thrift shop), and turned them into this dress. I used the neckline of the existing tank top and the sleeve hem as well, so that made it easy, then I gathered the whole width of the apple shirt for the skirt part. I even reused the little brown button from the shirt and put it on the flower I made. I also reused the bottom brown trim as the waistband.

Sorry, these are bad photos. The top is actually salmon in color.
The brown waistband continues as ties in the back.


Julianne said...

Amazing! Incredible idea and it looks adorable!

Shannon Wight said...


Ali said...

That turned out so great! Can't wait to see it in person.