Saturday, February 25, 2012

THRIFT FINDS

It's been a while since I've been able to do any thrift shopping. I was on a specific mission of a plain white newborn sleeper - do you think I could find one? No. But I did find some other great things. This might be my favorite find and deal ever! Everything below cost me $10!
 I love these old high chairs, not necessarily for personal use (although Aubrey loves it an actually eats at the table now) and it doesn't really go with my decor but I've always wanted one for photos. It will go great on my white wood slatted backdrop or out in a tall grassy field. And the best part - it was only $0.99! The weather is dictating how much furniture the store can keep outside and they are inundated with large items so they have to clear some out - good for me! It looked like it had not been cleaned EVER! So I used a Norwex cloth (the kitchen scouring one) and it cleaned up really easily - all the caked on food from little hands under the arm rests - yuck!

Every time I come across old vintage Fisher Price toys, I have to grab them. This one didn't work but the price reflected it, so I was ok with getting it as a decorative item in Aubrey's room. I'm thinking about redoing her room with a more vintage eclectic feel.

 I always have to check the book section and I'm pretty good at quickly scouring the spines for specific ones: Dr. Seuss (Cat in the Hat books large and small), Berenstein Bear books, Classic Disney in the same style and Eric Carle books.
We do have too many books but at $0.50 (and at Value Village when you buy 4 you get the 5th free), I can't pass up getting the classics.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Great finds! That chair so awesome. I'm glad you are loving your norwex cloths!