Friday, November 19, 2010

My Favourite Salads

There are 2 salads that we get at the hotel quite often that are the best salads I've ever had. I'm not sure of quantity of the following ingredients, but I don't think you could go wrong.

Chicken Chop Salad

Iceberg lettuce
Diced chicken (great use for leftovers)
Grapes (cut in half)
Blue cheese crumbles (could use feta if you don't like blue cheese)
Candied walnuts
Chopped dried apricot (if you didn't know - apricot and blue cheese are GREAT together!)
Dried cranberries
Blue cheese dressing (or balsamic is great).

Indian-Spiced Prawn Salad

Apples and/or pears cubed
Mango cubed
Avocado sliced or diced
Cooked prawns
Cilantro
Indian spice (not sure what they use, it's not curry, maybe tandoori spice??)
If you wanted to add a lettuce I think butter crunch would be really nice.

Try making these and tell me how it went! I can't wait to try when I have a kitchen!

(Salads taken from the Fairmont Olympic Hotel)

No comments: